Agra town in India, Agra Red Fort. This is a palace and a fort worth seeing Agra Red Fort was constructed in 1565 Since then about 5 Mogul kings have used this fort This is a 2.5km long fort which is very big and complex You can also call it as a city within walls Its spread across 92 acres and highly secured with water and forest barriers You have to pass 3 gates to enter the fort. It's built this way for protection from the enemies This section is the final entry way to palace As it's built with a slope, history says that enemies were attacked with rolling objects at this point And also hot oil was poured using these spaces in the wall This is the main door that leads to an echoing dome King was welcome here with drums and music This section of the palace was there King Shah Jahans father lived when he was a king Here you can see the bedroom and kitchen and the rooms of the servants situated on the upper floor From here we enter the royal library Books were stacked in the walls And also history stays that there were gold paintings and designs on the walls However, later the British destroyed them and took the gold This is the summar place where the king used mostly in the hot summer season The walls of this room has internal flow system where water was circulated around the room to keep it cool You can see Taj Mahal from many place from Red Fort Shah Jahan made Taj Mahal in a place where he can see from this palace This is the royal bedroom See how detailed and beautiful craftsmanship is This bedroom is a really beautiful place that shows ample hard work and detail This section of the palace was built by King Shah Jahan. That's why its built with marble instead of red stone And it resembled Taj Mahal architecture This is a special place in this palace This was where King Shah Jahan was held in house arrest by his elder son after defeating him by a conspiracy King Shah Jahan dies here at the age of 74 Out of the 2.5km of this palace, only a limited area is open for the public to see Still it looks like a large area which is difficult to cover quickly This is the place where the general public met the king and resolved various issues You can see the kings seating area on the top and places for other delegates like the queen and children As huge crowd gather to see the king this area was used as the waiting area Agra Fort was larger than I expected. It took me good 2 hours Just like in the Taj Mahal you cannot use tripods here. So have to take handheld photos only From here I'm going to see a marble workshop. Agra is famous for its marble work Now I'm at the marble workshop If you saw my Taj Mahal video, you already have an idea of how Taj Mahal was made The method used 400 years ago is still intact and these workshops use it to date They carve the marble with tools like this and embed the colored stones to made designes These workers in agra are the descendants of the workers from the Taj Mahal long ago They glue the colored stones in to the marble with a special glue and polish it with wax to finish So my day at Agra came to an end It was late when I reached Delhi. And tomorrow I have to fly to Leh Now I'm in Leh which is a city on North India Its 1000km+ to reach Leh via road. So many choose to fly Flight take about 1.5 hours Leh is the capital of Leh district ih Ladakh region Ladakh region is close to the Himalayan mountain range Leh was the capital at the time of Himalaya kingdom too Leh is a city with 30,000 population and not so big Let's see how my room is Not so big but cozy The view is nice too. With distant snow peaks This is the biggest town on the Ladakh route I start my journey from here tomorrow Today I'll be spending here and planning to go out to see some sites Should go and take my breakfast ok I'm done with my breakfast And there is something special to mention Leh is situated 3500 meters above sea level Because of that Leh can give you altitude sickness Because of the low oxygen levels than the sea level you can get sick   It can be difficult to breah Right now I feel that it's difficult to breath And I have a slight headache To adjust to altitude you should take things slowly on the first day Walk slow, climb steps slow and spend the day relaxing without pushing your self Today I will be spending at least 7 hours in the hotel without going out If not the altitude can make you vomit, give bad headaches, nausea and even numbness of limbs Now its 9am. I'm planning to go out a bit after 4pm today Just to remind you again, if you are coming to a high altitude like this take precautions If you get sick all your plans will be wasted and your holiday will be ruined The reason is the lack of Oxygen in the air Let's see some altitude examples I'm at 3500 meters now and its higher than 1000 meters of the mentioned peaks Now the Oxygen level has dropped more than 6% from sea level at this hight And you have to dring plenty of water during your stay At least 3 liters per day is recommended Now its around 4pm. I slept for sometimes and mostly kept awake Now I'm feeling the altitude quite strongly. Headache and it's difficult to breath This is why it's important to adjust to the altitude by taking things slowly I hope by tomorrow I'll be in a better shape to travel about From tomorrow I have to travel a lot in long distances so it's very important for me to adjust to the altitude I'm going out in another hour to see the town On my next episode, I'm going to take a tour around Leh city There are some special place to visit. So stick with me in the next episode too 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical monuments of India Taj Mahal and it's mysteries